Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Work

I sit here not sure what I want to say, but I feel that there definately is something. I guess because this is the first of many (doubt it) blogs I will start of with the basics of why I'm amazing. Whether you like it or not I will come off as a confident yet funny asshole. Try to resist, terrorist.

I work for a banking institution and currently don't mind my job. They give plenty of oppurtunities for you to stand out which myself and core group of friends have done. We are dwarves amongst midgets. Or is it midgets amongst dwarves? Doesn't matter. You get it. I am part of a community events team, starting specialty work on certain accounts, and I don't hate most of those around me. That's pretty rare. There are days where going to work feels like I just stepped in dog shit, but I scrape it off my shoe, act like I didn't step it in, and try and ignore the smell. I am less than two months away from my one year mark. This means on May 23rd I can begin the transfer process if I don't feel like I'm moving forward.

Given that my previous job was server/bartender/expo/carside at Applebee's, I understand that jobs like mine are rare. Every time I left Applebee's the simple fact that I didn't set that fucking place on fire was a small miracle. The forced conversations with the people that worked there had to be close to sticking your hand into a blender and hitting ten. Repeatedly. For hours at a time. I shouldn't have expected anything less given that the reason most (not all) those who worked there is because they repeatedly made bad choices. It seemed like the managers didn't truely give a shit if people came late, screwed up all the time, or did drugs in the bathroom. I swear there were days that were so annoying that I considered that fact that I died and was sent to hell. Purgatory at best. Have you ever been to a job where you seriously considered giving yourself a concussion so you could passout and have a few hours of not talking to coworkers? Blech. Not everything was bad. I did meet a few people who I would consider true friends. If you are wondering if you are one of them then clearly you are not. You are either an acquaintance or an asshole. So go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment